Ifeoma Theodore Jnr, E., is an author and sexuality awareness advocate, proffering impact mitigation, of the effect, and lack of sex education generally, from adolescents , young adults and parents/ guardians, with special focus on the girl child.
She’s been involved in various projects and programmes among which are:
- United for Kids Foundation; Consultant/ Speaker on the well-being (physical and psychological growth of the girl child).
- Afternoon Tea with Diamond Woman; Key note speaker on the effect of HIV and Teenage Pregnancy in the society, brought about by lack of sexuality education.
- Global Summit on Ending Sexual Violence in Conflict; Input Participant.
- Lagos Empowerment and Resource Network (LEARN); an initiative of the First Lady of Lagos State, Her Excellency, Dame
- Abimbola Fashola: Consultant/ Speaker on the role of Mothers in giving sexuality education to their children.
- First Lady Colloquy, organized by Zuriel Oduwole’s; one village at a time education awareness: Speaker on the need for the informal form of education in schools and, the effect of lack of sexuality education materials in schools.
- Friends Africa; Participant/ Speaker on the positive effect of my books, ‘Trapped in Oblivion’ and ‘My Daughters and I’ in raising awareness, on how giving sexuality education can help in genuinely, “getting to zero” or “achieve getting to zero”.
- UNFPA (United Nations Population Fund). Speaker to a special purpose workshop engaging African writers on the absolute need to include the welfare of the girl child in the post 2015 MDG ,through Literature and creative art.
- DFID ( Department For International Development), speaker on Ending Sexual Violence in Conflict workshop.
- The IIE’s Global Travel and Learning Fund, through Ford Foundation and African Artist Foundation, under the E- Health and Secondary Schools initiative, partnered to work with ‘Trapped in Oblivion’ and ‘ My Daughters and I”, by combining Arts with Literature in maximizing the learning potential of adolescents and young adults.
She in addition, acts as a consultant to students and teachers to assist in creating a balance in their communication.
Diamond Woman Initiative: Contributing writer on the online Diamond Woman Magazine, focusing on; sexuality education, parenting and the surrounding issues around social vices, e.g., rape, teenage pregnancy, domestic violence, pedophilia, cyber bullying, child molestation etc…
Road Shows in schools across the nation; creating awareness for the need of sexuality education reading materials, and interactive sessions with students, teachers and their parents/guardians.